Sunday, June 8, 2008

About this blog

Hello World!

I've decided to dip my toe into the swimming pool of the internet and start up a blog. Yes, it's 2008, and it seems this internet thing is here to stay. If you haven't already, try my decidedly less verbal blog over at veryrecentpast.blogspot.com for a lot of (let's be honest with ourselves) rather badly drawn self-portraits. (But I think they're getting better, in fits and starts.)

This blog, as the title vaguely suggests, will be about the often-overlooked. While I'm sure the topics I plan to write about are not completely invisible, I want to discuss my take on these things. (And hey: I'm allowed! If there was ever a more self-indulgent medium than the blog, please let me know what it is.) I'm fairly input-driven and detail-oriented: I like to absorb and investigate. This way of approaching the world probably defines who I am more strongly than any other characterization I could apply to myself, and that's why I'm drawn to pondering minutiae, investigating the inner workings of things, and understanding the world in new ways. I enjoy trying to look at the everyday with fresh eyes, to discover something new in the ordinary.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: