Sunday, March 29, 2009

florida citrus part 2

The tangerine tart turned out beautifully. Here's a picture for your vicarious enjoyment.


I made Dorie Greenspan's Sweet Tart Dough which I found over here at Cafe Johnsonia (I left out her lemon zest addition since I was making a citrus tart, although for a different tart, that sounds tasty). For the filling, I adapted this orange custard recipe from Epicurious. I of course used tangerine juice instead of orange, and I skipped the Grand Marnier and instead added half a teaspoon of vanilla. I topped the tart with sectioned tangerines, because then it's healthy, right? Seriously though, the fresh citrus was a lovely contrast to the buttery crust, and the overall effect was mellow creamy, and perfectly sweet.

By the way, this crust is to die for. This is definitely my standard tart crust from now on.

1 comment:

Mia said...

That is absolutely beautiful.